Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"I Love the Movies"

Hopefully my sister and I aren't the only people that think the Great Movie Ride at MGM Studios in Disney World is freaking hilarious! Haha, seriously, "I love the movies."

But seriously, video media in the classroom- I'm for it! I definitely think it can be pretty distracting, and even ineffective if used too often, but everybody loves a good flick! If the video clip is short and engaging I think it can be monumental in getting the students excited about a topic. I even believe in a movie day or two each semester as a reward for good behavior- I loved those as a kid... when they weren't rated R and I didn't have to leave the classroom and go sit in with the ESL kids... that wasn't much fun...

Anyways, I used to make movies ALL the time when I was a kid. We used my dad's super old-school VHS camcorder that weighed about 20 pounds! Me and my friends made all sorts of crazy cool movies (and my sister was literally EVERY girl character in EVERY movie, haha) Those were the days!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Movies shouldn't be over-used; short and effective clips are best for getting kids excited and ready to learn. I also remember having to leave the class on movie days when the film was R-rated... Some reward that was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I loved that movie ride too! haha
    but seriously, I loved movies in school! I think they do a great job of getting kids interested, and like you said they are an affective form of reward for good behavior!

    ReplyDelete